This week - Backup Systems and Management
This week, we discuss the following:
- Sergio reads "Little Brother
". It's a story about what can happen when the government tries to take over the system as is.
- Sooner or later, you are going to have a hard drive crash. If it hasn't happened to you yet, your day will come.
- Digital assets (files) that are at stake:
- Financial data and information.
- Business critical information.
- Purchased music.
- Images from digital cameras.
- The 321 Backup Strategy and how it can keep your files safely off site.
- Jarrod gives us the info on the windows world of backup strategies.
- On Mac, Time Machine is the standard system that works quite well.
- Carbonite Backup, a service for off site backups. This works for personal computers as well as business systems.
This week, we also discuss two mini topics:
- Cell phone etiquette, and how it's broken daily. I think this might deserve a full treatment.
- We have a partner who would like to quickly and easily share his business contact information with the accounting department.
If you have any thoughts on the above, let us know!
blog comments powered by