- Episode 16 - Lessons we've learned in business
Lessons we learned in business
We discuss the lessons we have learned in running a small entrepeneurial ventures. These are by no means complete or infallible, they are just the things that we have learned along the way.
This is a looser than usual discussion of some very vali...
- Episode 15 - The $1,000 Website
Is it possible to get a $1,000 website?
Some things to thinks about
* You should use the services of a professional for your design work.
* Just because you have a website, you will not rise to the top of the search engines.
* How important is SEO these days?
* How importa...
- Episode 14: How business use Social Media
How different business models use social networking
* Amy Kuscik's questions about how to use twitter.
* How Jarrod and I partition our lives between facebook and twitter.
* Should a business use a hotmail or gmail account for business?
* Twitter makes it possible to reach n...
- Episode 13 - Goods and Services you can't do without
Things we cannot do without
* Jarrod goes back to the Circa notebook system.
* Sergio starts using the Action Method with his Circa
* We discuss what "the cloud" is. Uses such as: calendars, notes, photos, etc.
* We discuss online storage, Skydrive and Dropbox.
* Jarrod pic...
- Episode 12 - On Being a Jack of all trades
- Episode 11: When Should You No-Bid a Job?
This week, we ponder situations where you should no-bid a job. Should you take a job that is night in your wheelhouse just to make the quick buck, or should you save time and frustration and move on?
Some Things to ponder
* Are you a good fit for your current clients? Are yo...
- Episode 10: The Truth about Multitasking
This week, we discuss the human being's ability to multitask efficiently. In our lines of work, we have found that it doesn't work too well for us.
Some Things to ponder
* Are you giving your client 100% attention when you are multitasking?
* How much control do you give to...
- Podcast Episode 9 - Does Technology Make You More Efficient?
In this episode, we discuss the use of technology to keep an every increasingly complex life in order. Does technology make this happen more naturally, or does it add an unneeded layer of complexity?
We discuss the following:
* Org-Mode - An emacs project to aid note taking an...
- Those Optimize Guys Episode 8 - Defining Key Performance Indicators
Critical Success Factors
We discuss how to measure why an idea succeeds or fails.
* Success is not more difficult than inaction, but there is alot of work.
* "It's simple, but it's not easy." Ronald Reagan.
* Critical Success factors are the things we have to do absolutely right to gain succ...
- Those Optimize Guys Episode 7 - Defining your Core Values
This week, we talk about core values, what they are, and how to assign them.
* Core values are the heartbeat of your being.
* They are the non negotiable things in life.
* Core values should not change very often.
* Core values should seek to eject those who don't embrace them....